Saturday, March 2, 2013

Letting Go of the Past and Moving Forward

Finding myself in the midst of a very long term project, I have learned the important lesson of reframing each day as "Day 1."

I think it is important to reflect on lessons of the past and to gain perspective from what has happened previously, but I'm also starting to see how destructive it can be to get caught up in what problems have occurred previously. While past events may have negatively affected where we are today, and while we want to address those issues so that they don't continue to persist as problems, it also doesn't help us get to the finish line when we continue to engage in blame games.

Thus, I like the idea of starting fresh with today marking Day 1 and reframing the timeline based on where we are and where we need to be. Today marks the time to let go of the baggage and figure out what now do we need to accomplish our goals and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment