Friday, March 1, 2013

What Do I Mean By Infrastructure?

When I talk about infrastructure, what specifically do I mean? I mean anything and everything, and also I'm not entirely sure still.

I have been thinking very much about topics such as project management and program management. But, I am also busy ruminating on less tangible pieces such as workplace climate and culture.

One of my mentors, for example, has encouraged me to read Stephen Covey's book The Speed of Trust. While I haven't gotten too far in my reading yet, I keep coming across more in-my-face evidence emphasizing how much I need to keep relationship building as a critical element of the infrastructure.

Thus, just as I start seeking out information about Project Management Institute, I am just as excited to learn more about Situational Leadership. I am excited to jump into all of this at once, but I am indeed on a moving train. Furthermore, I have a whole team of passengers along with me, and so I'm still trying to figure out the best ways to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment